Welcome Explorers and Dragons!
Hello! Welcome to another school year! I look forward to a great year of 7th grade math, otherwise knows as Problem Solving 111.
If you missed Back to School Night, you can see a copy of the slides HERE.
Parents and Students, here are some great videos by Graham Fletcher which explains the progression of math from elementary school through middle school. Click HERE to see how students begin to learn math from Kindergarten on up.
Suggested School Supplies
Here are some suggested school supplies:
1. Composition book or spiral notebook
2. Pencils with erasers
3. Extra erasers, because mistakes are for learning!
4. Colored pen or pencil for correcting work
5. Fine tip, low odor dry erase marker (for white board activities)
6. A binder or section of an accordion folder to store Problems of the Week, and other assignments
I have a class set for school use, but it will be helpful for students to have these supplies at home to do homework: Students can also borrow these items after school, but they need to be returned in the morning.
3. Calculator (okay to use the one on a cell phone at home)